Live Essential Drawing Classes
Fall classes start Thursday, September 7th
Welcoming the beginning student or those who wish to reinforce essential drawing skills, this foundational course will follow weekly lessons in a variety of practical lessons to include:
- Drawing Heads. ( a. Dynamic frontally, 3/4 heads).
- Hands, Feet,
- The standing figure.
- The seated figure,
- Moving figures
Throughout the lessons, students will strengthen their overall drawing skills, gain familiarity with the Byzantine system, and work towards their own readiness to compose more complex subjects and small compositions.
Students will submit their drawings online, with corrections and critique individually via email with Professor Kordis.
Time: THURSDAYS, 8 to 9pm (Athens, Greece) time = 1 to 2pm Eastern Standard (EST) in the US & Canada, every other week – usually the first and third Thursdays of each month.
Duration: 2 lessons per month (2 hours total) plus private online corrections via email
Coursework lessons progressing through the year:
- Basic principles of the Byzantine painting system. Qualities of line. Letters as composition. Exercises on rhythm.
- Frontal faces. Structure. Sample exercises
- 3/4 Faces. Structure. Sample exercises
- Garments. Structure. Sample exercises
- Hands, feet, gestures, Items ( Books, chairs etc.) Landscapes. Structure.
- Measurements of Human figure. Structure. Sample exercises. Busts of saints.
- Full standing figures. Structure. Sample exercises
- Seated Figures. Structure. Sample exercises
- Figures in motion. Structure. Sample exercises
- Techniques of drawing. (shading). Sample exercises
- Drawing a theme with various shading
- Drawing a small Composition with shading
- Other lessons as needed
Open for students to join at any time.
Questions? Please email email@example.com